2014 Swim Team
- I am happy to announce that Coach Natalie Tauzin and Coach Dawn Bonck are returning again this summer to lead us to victory!
- Practices will begin after school on May 5th. Practices will be offered Monday through Friday; we understand that our swimmers may have other commitments with school, baseball, etc. Please try to attend as many practices after school as possible, but don’t worry if you can’t be there all five days in the week.
- Practices will be divided into two groups: 9 & up and 8 & under. This was done to better split the team in half & thus better accommodate the number of swimmers across the 6 lanes at each practice.
- In May, kids 9 & up will practice from 4-5pm. Kids 8 & under will practice from 5-6pm. Once school is over, the younger kids (8 & under) will have the earlier practice and the older kids (9& up) will have the later practice. I understand it may be tough for those kids at LWE to arrive at 4pm for practice. Please come as soon as you can, and we will see how this goes and address issues at they arise. Thanks in advance for your patience & cooperation!!
- FUN MEET: Our annual Fun Meet will be on May 30th from 9-12pm. We will take team pictures prior to the start of the Fun Meet; individual pictures will taken that morning, beginning at 8am. More info to come later!
- Meet Schedule: Our first meet will be on June 4th at Bellemeade at 3pm! All other dual meets will be at home at 11am. Please refer to the calendars for the remaining meet dates/times. I will send out information each week regarding the meets.
- Championship Meets: This year the Divisional and City meets will be the same week but one day apart to allow more time to get the entries for the City meet ready! Divisionals will be July 8th and the City Championship will be July 10th. Please keep these dates in mind when you schedule family vacations!
- June Practice Schedule: Our practice schedule in June will be Mon, Tues, & Friday at 10-11am (8 & under) and 11-12pm (9 & up). Thursday practices will be at 8-8:45am ( 8 & under) and 8:45-9:30 am (9 & up); the pool will be shared with swim lessons during this time. We will not have “Fun Friday” practices this year, but will call the kids out about 15 minutes early on Fridays to receive ribbons and treats. These changes were made because we have to work our schedule around other activities happening at the pool. Thank you for understanding!!
- FUNDRAISERS: Of course, we have to have fundraisers to cover our operating expenses. The following fundraisers have been scheduled thus far; please mark your calendars & consider participating to make these fundraisers a success:
- End of School Parties: May 27th (joint fundraiser with the pool
- Spaghetti Dinner: June 24th
- Back to School Parties: Date/time TBA (joint fundraiser with the pool)
- We are again asking families for drink donations to help defray the cost of concessions for our Fun Meet and three home meets, which are a major component of our fundraising. If you would like to help with this, please send your donations of bottled water, Gatorade, or canned soft drinks to the pool labeled MIMOSA SWIM TEAM by May 19th.
- Swim suits have been ordered. We will have caps & goggles available to purchase at practices.
If you have any questions, please contact the Swim Team Parent Coordinator,
Ellen Gassen @ firstname.lastname@example.org.